From time to time we will have a couple trained puppies available. We understand that sometimes the puppy stage can be the most difficult part of owning a dog, and it should be done correctly. With these puppies, you will not have to worry about multiple accidents or starting a brand new puppy. Most of the work will already be done and they will be ready to settle in to your home. We do allow our trained puppies to leave with full rights to approved breeders.
A couple of our dogs have gone on to do service and emotional support work. Other's have gone on to be fantastic pets. Whatever it may be, this program is designed to allow people to ensure their new puppy gets a good start.
These puppies will be trained and learn all the important life skills at a very important age. This is a 6-8 week program. We will follow the AKC puppy STAR program protocol.
Pending deposit- We have one female out of Winter/Deuce that we have reserved for the training program. At this time she is available. We have named her Tikka, but that can be changed. Tikka will be ready the weekend before Thanksgiving. She is a very sweet girl and should mature to approximately 65# as an adult. Please message us for more info.
-Puppies in this program are $2800 pet only, we will consider breeding rights to nice homes. We would love to find a therapy home for her.
-Parents health testing:
OFA hip, elbow, cardiac, eye and genetically tested for prcd-PRA, PRA-1, PRA-2, MD, and NCL
9. Extra tricks if there is time!
1. Potty training
2. Ability to be crated for a short period of time without anxiety
3. Socialization with other pets & kids
4. Wait by door until released to enter/exit
5. Eating well without being too quick
PRE-CANINE GOOD CITIZEN® TEST BEHAVIORS:
1. Allows (in any position) petting by a person other than the owner
2. Grooming-Allows owner handling and brief exam (ears, feet)
3. Walks on a Leash-Follows owner on lead in a straight line (15 steps)
4. Walks by other people-Walks on leash past other people 5-ft away
5. Sits on command-Owner may use a food lure
6. Down on command-Owner may use a food lure
7. Comes to owner from 5-ft when name is called
8. Reaction to Distractions-distractions are presented 15-ft away
9. Stay on leash with another person (owner walks 10 steps and returns)
1. Free of aggression toward people during at least 6 weeks of class
2. Free of aggression toward other puppies in class
3. Tolerates collar or body harness of owner’s choice
4. Owner can hug or hold puppy (depending on size)
5. Puppy allows owner to take away a treat or toy