I am often asked about when people get to pick their puppy, what my puppy packet includes, and what to expect at pickup, so I figure this might be a good spot to explain that! We like to get our puppies started off right, therefore pickup will be a good time to ask questions and our puppy packets will contain some great information and goodies!
WHEN YOU GET TO PICK YOUR PUPPY:
We do picks in order of deposit received, so if you are the second person to put your deposit down, then you get to pick after the first person. We will schedule a "pick day" where people can visit and pick their puppy, or pick through me if they cannot visit in person. If five weeks rolls around and picks have not been made, then I will start doing picks myself for people, based on what puppy I think will fit best with each family. We do picks at this age because we do vet visits at seven weeks and I like to make sure we have all of our paperwork in order before we go to that.
On pickup you will receive your puppy and a packet of goodies (whats in the packet is discussed below). We often meet our puppy buyers outside our home for their convenience, but welcome you to come see our dogs and where the puppies have been raised when they are 8 weeks old. We will make these arrangements prior to their pickup date!
When you arrive to pickup your puppy please bring the following:
1. The difference that you still owe on your puppy in CASH. We are not taking personal checks or credit cards for pickup in person.
2. Crate and water... We recommend that you bring a crate for the puppy to sleep in while he/she is in the car with you. However, some people prefer to hold the puppy on their laps. A bowl for water is provided. We do not feed our puppies much the day they travel (to avoid sickness or accidents), so bring light snack and some water if you have a long drive ahead of you.
STOPPING FOR POTTY BREAKS
-Please, keep in mind your puppy is not completely covered for sickness until his/her shots are finished. We recommend that when you are stopping to let your puppy go potty to make sure that it is a safe spot that other dogs may not usually stop at.
*That is all for now. I will update if I can think of anything else required at pickup!
I love to shop for puppies, so your puppy comes with a great puppy packet!! Here is what we include:
- Microchip tag
- Hand made blanket (with momma/litter's smell)
- Toys (ball, stuffed animal, etc)
- Samples (treats, supplements, etc)
- AKC registration (we will fill this out at pickup)
- Information packet (puppy care, food care, etc)
- Puppy culture information (for you to continue)
Back to Top